Ellen's Healthy Chicken SoupEllen's Healthy Chicken Soup by peachbite
The people that know me in real life and have tasted my soups, always ask me for the recipe.
So now on DA I will be sharing this particular favorite of mine.
- 1 Chicken Carcass (preferably cooked and not picked clean and if there is stuffing in it, leave it, it all adds flavour.)
- 1 Onion
- about 20-30 baby carrots (preferably fresh, not tinned.)
- 1 leek
- 3 sticks of celery
- 1 normal sized carrot
- about 20 baby potatoes
- a large handful of parsly
- a medium handful of corriander
- teaspoon of dried herbs
- half teaspoon of black pepper
Extras for that extra yummyness/more food
- Cooking bacon
- savoy cabbage
- Get a big soup pot
- stick in the chicken carcass
- fill the pot with water until you can only see the tip of the breast bone or if you are using a smaller pot, fill it half way.
- Add in the dried herbs and black pepper, remember, no salt yet.
- boil the carcass for 1hr on a low heat, until the carcas